Sian Aldis | IBCLC BA(Hons), FdSc.
Lactation Consultant, Mindful Breastfeeding Practitioner & Holistic Sleep Coach
Hi I’m Sian Aldis and I run No Milk Like Mama’s!
I am passionate about good quality, consistent and evidence based support for families.
I am an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), a Mindful Breastfeeding Practitioner and Holistic Sleep Coach. I have a Degree in Integrated Health & Social Care and am focused on family centred care, providing an holistic approach to the support I offer.
To be eligible to sit the qualifying IBLCE (International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners) exam I completed over 1000 clinical hours supporting breastfeeding women, study of 14 health science subjects and 90 hours of lactation specific training.
I have a First Class Honours Degree in Integrated Health and Social Care, a Foundation Degree with Distinction in Health Studies, a Higher Level Apprenticeship in Health and am a qualified Assistant Practitioner.
I have trained as a Mindful Breastfeeding Practitioner and use mindfulness tools in both my antenatal and postnatal work.
I have completed two Advanced Level (4 & 5) Open College Network (OCN) accredited sleep courses, including the Holistic Sleep Coaching Programme, which is the most in-depth gentle sleep training available. I provide Holistic Sleep Support to families by offering information on nurturing alternatives to Cry-It-Out and similar sleep training methods, along with understanding of what is normal for your child and ways to help you cope.
I am also insured as a Maternity Nurse/Nanny, providing additional practical support to families and enabling parents to get some rest and relaxation.
Having initially experienced difficulties breastfeeding my own 3 children, I became aware of the benefits of breastfeeding support and the need for it to be easily accessible to women.
I originally trained as a volunteer with The Breastfeeding Network. I have since completed further training with UNICEF, the University of East Anglia (UEA), City College Norwich, the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (NNUH) and BabyEm. I worked as a Breastfeeding Practitioner within an award winning NHS Breastfeeding Team in Waveney and Great Yarmouth, gaining experience in a wide range of breastfeeding concerns.
Following the dissolution of this NHS service, I set up No Milk Like Mama’s (formerly Sian Aldis – Breastfeeding Practitioner) to provide breastfeeding support that is available and accessible to all families.
Prior to having children, I worked in the legal profession and studied to become a Legal Executive. I was also a Registered Childminder before furthering my education in lactation.
I regularly undertake further training and education and this is a requirement of my certification as an IBCLC, to ensure I am up to date with new research and evidence based practice.
My goal is to make good quality Breastfeeding and sleep support accessible to ALL families.
Qualifications & Experience:
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)
- UEA BA (Hons) Integrated Health and Social Care (1st)
- UEA FdSc Health Studies (Distinction)
- Higher Level Apprenticeship in Health (Assistant Practitioner)
- Restrictive Lingual Frenulum (Tongue-Tie) Training – NNUH
- BfN Breastfeeding Helpers Course
- OCN Training to Support the Breastfeeding Mother
- UNICEF Baby Friendly Initiative Train the Trainer course
- NNUH Breastfeeding Management course
- Holistic Sleep Coaching Programme (OCN Level 5)
- Advanced Sleep Training Skills – Gentle Sleep Training (OCN Level 4)
- Mindful Breastfeeding Practitioner
- NICU Peer Support Training
- Working in the NHS as a Breastfeeding Practitioner as part of an award winning team
- Facilitating Baby Cafes
- Delivering antenatal sessions
- Volunteering with The Breastfeeding Network at:
– West Pottergate support group
– Norfolk and Norwich University hospital
- Regular Supervision & Learning
- Ongoing Professional Development (CERPS)
- Member of Lactation Consultants of Great Britain (LCGB)
- Professional Insurances